That Peculiar Fragrance

Photo by Retha Ferguson on Pexels.com

A distinct fragrance that hits your brain and stays there forever…
That uniquely mesmerizing aroma will leave your mind never

Wondering what I’m talking about?
It is the fragrance of that human.

That human who touches your soul just by the way they smell,
You feel like heaven even when you’re in hell.

You stand next to them and the fragrance takes you to another world,
You feel like following them wherever they go.

They light-up in you the most hidden desires,
Out of nowhere, your soul is on fire!
πŸ”₯

You want to bury yourself inside of them,
How can someone smell so good? You wonder!

You see them and there’s an instant smile on your face,
You think to yourself, “Oh! I wish that soul I could embrace
!”

People say, “Words can be forgotten but, how you made them feel stays forever.”
But nobody ever spoke about – ‘What you smell like, really does matter.’

Then, one day that human is lost in the crowd somewhere,
You look for it everywhere but, that ‘Peculiar Fragrance’, you wouldn’t find.

Until you smell that fragrance again, there will be a hollow in your soul,
Did you ever think, a fragrance will play such an imperative role?

Advertisements

For Penable’s Poetry Competition – ‘Fragrance’

Open to all my readers. Have fun!😊

Β© Copyright 2019-2020

The Bold Vibe – All Rights Reserved

61 Comments Add yours

1. Thank you, Nabeela!😊😊 Not sure how your comment moved to spam. I wasn’t even notified.πŸ˜‘

Btw, you’ve got a unique name! What does it mean?

1. Nabeela says:

Thank you…. Nabeela means noble and honorable….

Liked by 1 person

1. Mmmm, I can almost smell the fragrance and I love the vivid descriptions! It’s well written and fits the topic perfectly ❀️❀️❀️
    Well done Bold Girl, and good luck!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank youuu, Phoenix!😊❀️ I’ve never written anything on such an off-beat topic. It was challenging and fun at the same time! I am glad that you liked it.πŸ₯°

Liked by 1 person

1. Your welcome Bold Girl!
        I didn’t like it – I LOVED it! ❀️ ❀️ ❀️

1. Blush blush!!😊😊 Thank you once again.πŸ˜‡

1. πŸ˜‚
            My pleasure!

1. Hehehehe…πŸ˜‹

And yeah, I hope you’ve started thinking about the suggestion I gave yesterday.πŸ˜…

Liked by 1 person

1. Hang on, I have the mind of a goldfish!
                What suggestion????

Liked by 1 person

1. Hahahahaha.. God!!! How could you forget? The abuses, remember?🀣 I am glad you remember my name!😜

1. Oh yeahhhhh!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                    Bold Girl a nice name. I couldn’t forget it!
                    I’ve seen loads of humorous books with abuses in different languages!
                    (teach me a few words 😜)!!!!!

1. Heheheehe.. Thanks! I surely will.πŸ˜ƒ

2. Yessssss! Lol! πŸ˜‚

3. When do we start? πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4. Hehehee… Whenever you want.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5. I only need to know a few words πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                      If you don’t mind sharing!
                      I could really use them…. πŸ˜‚Lol!

Liked by 1 person

6. Hahahaha… You’re so inquisitive on this one. How do I tell you now?πŸ€”

7. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

8. Just tell me then delete the comment after I reply πŸ€”πŸ€£πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Liked by 2 people

9. Hahahahaha….. 🀣🀣 That’ll be too gross to share over here. Any other way you could suggest?

10. πŸ˜‚πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—I’ve run out of ideas πŸ€—

11. Hehehehehe……

12. I hope you don’t mind me asking πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

13. No, not at all. Why being so formal?πŸ™„πŸ˜£

14. Okay, sorry! πŸ˜‚

2. Jay Bleu says:

Great, you just summed up my blog! 😁

Liked by 3 people

1. Hehehehe… Thanks, Ayee Jay!😁😁

3. Silver Stone says:

This poem is the very definition of a fragrance. It was like I could smell the poem while reading it. Lovely poem, by the way!😁

4. Thank you!❀️ These compliments make my day!😊

Hey, what do you blog about?

1. Silver Stone says:

Your welcome. Oh, I just blog about random things; that range from my take on certain things, to displaying my sketches

1. Okayyy😊😊

5. Nima Mohan says:

That was such a lovely read.. and congrats for the win πŸ™‚ ❀

1. Thanks a ton, Nima!😊😊

1. Nima Mohan says:

β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

6. Ashee Asiwal says:

Congratulations.. For the win…

1. Thank you, Ashee. Congratulations to you as well.πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

7. Beautiful…..and congratulations dear

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks a lot! Congratulations to you too.😊😊 I am yet to read the poetry but, I surely will.

1. No issues dear and thanks. Have a good day or nightπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ’•

Liked by 1 person

1. Hahaha… No no. I just realized I had read it on Phoenix’s blog. I hardly come online after work so I tend to get confused at times.πŸ˜‘

That was a lovely one. Congratulations once again dear!😊😊 Keep rocking!πŸ€—

8. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’žπŸ’ž

9. theresaly520 says:

This was fun to read!

1. Thank you, Saly.😊😊 I am assuming that’s what your name is.😁

1. theresaly520 says:

Sa Ly is my first and middle name. 😊 My neighbors call me Sally. My classmates call me Sa. My family knows me by Lisa. On WP, I go by Sa or Theresa. Don’t mean to confuse you, but I have a lot of nicknames!πŸ˜‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Hehehehehe…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ That’s completely fine. Me too got a huge list of nicknames, I can’t share over here.πŸ™ˆ

Btw, it’s such a tiny cute name.😁 What does it mean? And where are you from? I’m sorry to bomb you with questions but, your name is very unique so I’ve got a little intrusive.

1. theresaly520 says:

That’s ok! I understand the curiousity! It’s Vietnamese! Many Vietnamese parents name their girls something positive, uplifting, or beautiful. I’m American though. Its literal translation is silk or gauze. It can be a verb: fall or drop. It’s a common name for girls and guys. When I pronounce it, it sounds like another viet word, far [xa].

1. Woah! Such a cute thing!😍☺️

And thank you for explaining.😊😊

10. akshita1776 says:

Beautiful!! Loved thisπŸ’•
    And Congratulations for all those awards, am just writing it here at once😁

1. Thank a lot, girl!❀️

Stay around!😊

1. akshita1776 says:

Sure willπŸ’–. Do check out my blog✌

1. Yes, surely.😊

1. akshita1776 says:

πŸ€—πŸ’

11. Rishika Jain says:

Oof…I love this one, Bold Girllll! I simply adore the lines”Then, one day that human is lost in the crowd somewhere,You look for it everywhere but, that β€˜Peculiar Fragrance’, you wouldn’t find.”
    And of course, the whole poem too! πŸ€©πŸ€—

1. Thank you!😊